Steffanie will share the upcoming priorities of CCNSW in the immediate and longer term. She will outline the strategic direction of the Board and agency which include:
- establishing CCNSW as a fair and effective regulator,
- land availability for burials across the greater Sydney region, and
- increasing community and consumer awareness about interment and its alternatives.
Steffanie was appointed as CEO of Cemeteries & Crematoria NSW in 2019. Immediately prior she led the Black Dog Institute's National Suicide Prevention program which reaches across Australia from the Kimberley to Tasmania, however the bulk of her career has been with the NSW public service. Steffanie has worked in senior executive roles for a decade, with a dual interest in governance and the impact of public policy on specific populations such as Indigenous, multicultural, LGBTQI and women.
Throughout her career she has worked with Family and Community Services, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Multicultural NSW and the Department of Education. She has qualifications in Law, Psychology, Public Sector Leadership, Adult Education and Governance. She has also trained to be a police officer and led various police reform initiatives with the United Nations in Bangladesh.
You may view the recording and associated material of the presention after logging in with your user credentials.
- Steffanie von Helle: “Overview and Strategic Priorities of CCNSW” (Video recording)
- Steffanie von Helle: “Overview and Strategic Priorities of CCNSW”